- Art-led environmental education to explore water systems connecting community to the land by following the flow of water into and out of the Bonanza Education Center to Big Stone Lake and beyond.
- Collage art map making, GIS story maps, pontoon adventures, water testing, photography, nature sketchbooks, poetry, and music.
- Youth partner with local experts to learn about water, land, the role of arts, and careers.
- Youth create a public presentation, art making and music performance at the Ortonville Corn Fest.
- Online opportunities for community members to share water stories.
Guest Teaching Artist : Jonee Kulman Brigham, of Full Spring Studio http://earthsystemsjourney.com
Musical Artist: Lee Kanten: https://www.facebook.com/lee.kanten
Hosted by: Cassy Olson, Bonanza Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org
Project Organizer: Don Sherman, email@example.com
Thank you to the following sponsors: Big Stone County Environmental Services, The Big Stone Lake State Park, Big Stone County Board of Commissioners, Big Stone Soil and Water Conservation District, University of Minnesota Extension, Big Stone County 4-H Program, Big Stone Arts Council and Southwest Minnesota Arts Council/Legacy Fund, Southwest Regional Sustainable Development Partnerships, Big Stone Fish and Ride, and Citizens for Big Stone Lake.
This website helps you engage with the Big Stone Lake Stories project.
For the most frequent updates on project activities, see the
Big Stone Lake Stories Facebook Page at this LINK.
Bonanza Education Center Facebook Page at this LINK.
If you want to download the camp flyer use this LINK.